MoSAIC: Mobile Search and Annotation using Images in Context
ICT ASIA Project (Ministère des Affaires Etrangères - MAE, France)
The MoSAIC project will develop a novel mobile search and annotation framework using
images in context. Camera phones are both communication and image capturing devices.
However, unconstrained image recognition is an open research problem. Contextual information
such as geospatial cues would help to narrow the search space, return answers with higher
relevancy, and provide meaningful annotations to the query logs.
- NII (National Institute of Informatics, Tokyo Japan),
- NTU (Dept of Computer Science and Information Engineering National Taiwan University),
- MICA (International Research Center MICA, Hanoi Vietnam),
- CLIPS-IMAG (Communication Langagiere et Interaction Personne Systeme, Grenoble France),
- LIRIS ((Laboratoire d'InfoRmatique en Image et Systèmes d'information, Lyon France)